Clear Creek ISD: 2012-13 Superintendent Targets
As a school district committed to continuous improvement, the Board of Trustees annually approves a set of targets. These Superintendent Targets are measurable milestones we need to achieve during the school year. We value this process as every year we set the standard higher and expand our own expectations of students and staff. The Superintendent Targets approved by the Board of Trustees during the October General Meeting establish the framework to achieve our five year Strategic Plan. These are ambitious and attainable targets. In partnership with teachers, administrators, parents and community members, the District underwent an extensive long range planning process to develop our five year Strategic Plan. This plan is more than a document; it is our promise to you.
Goal 1: We will provide rigorous learning opportunities and curricula that transcend state and national standards to improve the achievement of each student while meeting their individual needs and aspirations.
- Implement year-three recommendations from the Curriculum Management Audit.
- Utilize the District curriculum to prepare all students in grades 3-10 for success on STAAR, STAAR EOC and all students in grade 11 for success on TAKS.
- Develop an alternative accountability system including performance metrics to focus on college/career readiness PK-12. (Relates to work of High Performance Schools Consortium)
- Develop a written, long-range master technology plan consistent with the District strategic plan.
- Develop a long-range assessment plan.
Goal 2: We will enhance the character development of each student with emphasis on creating a sense of personal responsibility and a commitment to community.
- Develop systems to the support the implementation of a district-wide behavior support program for students in grades PK-2.
- Implement the CCISD Secondary Student Honor Code.
Goal 3: We will recruit, develop, and retain compassionate, effective, innovative and highly motivated staff.
- Pilot the locally developed alternative teacher appraisal system, Lead Educator Appraisal Development System (LEADS) at select campuses.
- Develop a long-range employee compensation plan.
- Develop a long-range employee recruitment and retention plan.
Goal 4: We will focus our use of resources to accelerate learning for all students and eliminate the achievement gap.
- Implement action plans for increasing the support and academic achievement of students identified as English Language Learners and receiving Special Education Services.
- Develop a long-range plan for a sustainable budget to meet the needs of our students.
Goal 5: We will provide learning environments that are physically safe and emotionally secure for students, faculty, and staff.
- Implement the District system to identify, investigate, track and report allegations of student bullying and cyber-bullying.
- Develop a facility needs assessment and long-range usage plan that successfully addresses the future needs of our students.
Goal 6: We will lead, develop, and implement a robust parent and community involvement program to successfully achieve the district mission and objectives.
- Improve overall District parent involvement as measured by the CCISD Parent Involvement Survey.
Goal 7: We will nurture, support and develop collaborative leadership at all levels throughout the learning community.
- Implement a district-level research and design team to design and implement systems to provide students engaging, meaningful school work.
Superintendent Targets support the Mission of the Clear Creek ISD
The mission of the Clear Creek Independent School District, a diverse community unified by a spirit of exploration and excellence, is to develop students who will lead the way to the future by educating and equipping them with the skills necessary to excel in the 21st century through a system characterized by meaningful community relationships and a comprehensive curriculum facilitated by a highly qualified team committed to Courage, Collaboration, Innovation, and Self-Direction.