Good news football fans, it’s that time of year again: high school football season!
Local fans probably already know the first football games of the season are coming this Friday and Saturday, but what they may not know, is that this is the first season that the Clear Creek Independent School District will be hosting games at both the Veterans Memorial Stadium and the new Challenger Columbia Stadium, thanks to residents within the district.
Clear Springs High School will play their inaugural home game at 7 p.m. Friday against Pearland High School at Challenger Columbia Stadium. Clear Creek High School will go head-to-head against South Houston High School at 7 p.m. Friday at Veterans Memorial Stadium.
Here’s what you need to know for the first games of the season:
- Varsity football tickets can be purchased at the high schools or at one of the stadium gates. Pre-sale tickets are available at the high schools until lunch and some feeder intermediate schools the week of the game.
- Pre-sale prices: $6 adults and $4 students
- Gate prices: $8 for all individuals (school age and up)
- Gates open at 6 p.m., games start at 7 p.m.
- Come hungry! Fans can look forward to some fabulous fare at both stadiums’ concession stands. A selection of items including: pulled barbecue pork sandwiches, chicken Caesar salads, chicken fried steak sandwiches, hamburgers, stuffed baked potatoes and wraps will all be part of the varied selection.
- Throughout the season, all five high school football teams will be playing at both stadiums on a rotating schedule.
- At the Challenger Columbia Stadium, if you’re leaving from the HOME side, cars will be directed to exit to the left onto W. NASA Blvd. which leads to Grissom Rd. and Bay Area Blvd. If you plan to leave from the VISITOR side, cars will be directed to exit to the right onto W. NASA Blvd., which leads to FM 528.
Click here for the full 2016 Varsity Football schedule. For more information, visit www.ccisd.net.